YUI Event Lister
The current Firebug version is 0.0.1
- Make extension self-updating
- Hide/show of event functions
- Grouping of events attached to an element
- Highlighting of elements
- Improve the look and feel
- Link from elements to Firebug HTML tab
- Link from functions to correct place in script tab
- Add traditional DOM events/inline events
- Come up with a catchier name
- Rename/refactor files and functions in extension code
- External documentation for code
This Firebug plugin will show all the YUI event listeners on a page and the elements they are attached to.
To install download the XPI linked below. Open it with Firefox and click to install it.
IMPORTANT This extension doesn’t current self-update. In order to get the useful new features that will be coming soon you should subscribe to this blog, or at least keep an eye on this page until self-updating is in place. This is very much a first version I’m releasing for feedback and to get something out.
Open Firebug panel. Click on ‘YUI Event Lister’. Click on ‘List YUI Events’. A list of elements/event types will appear and the functions associated with them below.
The current rich bookmarklet version is 0.4
The current basic bookmarklet version is -
Fix issue where ‘document’ shows as ‘undefined’ Fix issue where dynamically added DOM nodes show as ‘undefined’ Improve display using YUI widgets
- Remove repeating of element names for elements will multiple listeners
- Add highlighting of elements on mouse roll over
- Improve documentation
- Get rid of ‘jump’ as panel loads
- Turn into a Firebug extension
This bookmarklet will show all the YUI event listeners on a page and the elements they are attached to.
UPDATE: There is now a Firebug plugin which is more feature rich. I’m going to produce two final versions of the bookmarklet. Both of these are designed for people not using Firefox. One will use YUI libraries to do a somewhat rich experience which will require you to be online. The other will be a self-contained version that works while offline but is more basic.
To install copy the link below into a bookmark or drag it to your bookmark bar.
Offline YUI Event Lister – available soon
Simply click on your bookmark to use. Each element with an event listener will be displayed in a list. If an element has more than one they will be displayed in a sublist. Clicking on an element will show the attached function. Clicking close will remove the bookmarklet and anything it included.